Monday, April 28, 2008

Words I kept to myself

It was just over a week ago that I attended the memorial service for a clinic patient that recently passed. Mike and I were the clinic reps in attendance, and we'd also visited Steady Eddy a few weeks before while he was in another rehab facility. Anywho, it got to the point of saying a "few" words about Ed, but I passed up the chance to speak. Things were already running kinda long and I probably knew Ed less than everyone else in the room. But here's what I would've said.

I didn't plan to say anything, but listening to everyone else speak of him reminded me of a quote I heard somewhere. I dunno the true wording or source, but it goes something like, "What's the point of getting to Heaven able-bodied and well-rested?" Ed was truly an example of really filling your life with LIFE, not just passing along. You have to appreciate that, and I'm glad I knew him what little time I did.

No comments: