Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In Beamer we trust.

This last weekend was a tough one for loyal Hokie fans. They surprisingly lost to ECU in the last few minutes on account of a blocked punt turned into a TD. We all knew this season would be a difficult one, but nobody really expected to lose the very first one. At first I was nothing but disappointed, looking for quick solutions to get the team back on the road to glory. But then I remembered that it's not my call, and Hokies have more faith than that.

I think what has drawn me to this team, aside from sheer amusement and talent, is their character. We win like Hokies and we lose like Hokies - with class and character. The easy thing to do would be blame coaches, question decisions and make the quick fix. Pull the redshirt off of Tyrod Taylor and trade shifts with Glennon. But they still have a whole season to find their rhythm and cohere. I'm sure Beamer put plenty of thought into his decisions, so I'll just shut up and support the team. Then. Now. To come. GO HOKIES!

No comments: