Sunday, July 22, 2007

Renee: "That's stupid. How about to... oh! To Steve and Barry's!" Me: "Hell yeah to Steve and Barry's!"

I have yet to sit down and compose my philosophy blog based on recent readings (Metallica and Phil.), so I'll do something easier and talk about my awesome weekend. It really couldn't have been much better.

Saturday started off with very loose plans for me and Renee to go to this mall in Baltimore. It's the only place around with a Steve and Barry's store, which sells very affordable school sportswear and lots of other stuff. Despite our best searching, we couldn't find a UMBC hoodie for Renee, but I hit the jackpot. I managed to get 3 t-shirts and a hoodie for about $40. I bought a $15 hoodie. Let that sink in: I bought a $15 hoodie! We ambled around the mall a bit in a Billy-from-Family-Circus manner, then eventually left after declaring the stop a success. We stopped by Rita's on the way home so that added a little extra happiness. Oh - big pats on the back for my driving skills and Renee's kick-ass navigation as my co-pilot.

When we got back to Renee's apartment, I naturally got out of the car and walked inside with her and the other guy that went with us. We played some Brain Age on the Wii (I'm dumb) and decided we would all have dinner there. Upon calling OD (her bf), Renee confirmed that we would order some pizzas and walk over to stock up on drinks. Suggestions of making it a car-bomb night were greeted with joy and frivolity. So we had a lively evening of Wii games, drinking, confusing techno, Lode Runner nostalgia and plenty of Mario Kart 64 (fucking blue shells!). I sobered up and left probably around 1:30 am.

Sunday was even more fun with a whole new crowd. All of the family came up to my place, so that gave me sufficient motivation to clean the crap outta my whole place. It doth now shine like a pretty, sparkling jewel! Anywho, some people napped while others played games. Then we gathered our butts up and had an awesome lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise. I think we're close to confirming that Mini-Cheeseburgers are the greatest invention of mankind. Seriously - isn't that proof that we've evolved into something better? We had some nice live music and Leah showed her appreciation by waving and clapping for the girl playing. Then we wandered back to the apartment to relax. Various naps of various lengths were had, then we went down to the pool to splash it up. Leah definitely hearts the water, such that she squeaks with joy. I might have to call her Squeakers again. Or Awesome... because she is. Then we all dried off and all the peoples went home. I finally took my nap. It. Was. GREAT!

I finally got up, showered off the chlorine, ate some dinner and decided to blog. This brings us to now. That pretty much brings us to the end as well. I don't have to work until noon, so gonna sleep in a bit. Lots more blogging to come, so stay tuned and keep leaving funny comments - you know who you are! Later.

No comments: