Thursday, October 11, 2007

Well, fuck...

We got a new tech hired at work last week, so that was a big relief. Sadly, there was a death in the family, so she had to be out for the rest of the week. Then she let us know that she'd be back on Wednesday (yesterday). Then apparently we got another call yesterday saying she wouldn't be in again. The question came up of when we would see her again. I don't know her answer verbatim, but it involved her not coming back at all. Something about having to stay with her husband and help him cope. Seriously? Well, fuck...

I'm a little pissed off at her for such a shoddy excuse. When we were trying to hire people, she was VERY persistent about calling us and seeing when she could start. We told her to give us a week to find out from corporate ('cause they take that long), but she called back in maybe 2 days. She obviously wanted to work. But now I guess nobody needs to work in her family, so she didn't need the job that bad. What bugs me even more is that we spent nearly 2 months trying to get new techs hired, we finally get one, but it all turns to dust. Once again, I am the ONLY tech. Aside from this making a lot of work for me, it means I can't really take any time off. Me not coming in basically means I will have double the work to do when I come back. It's all on me! 2.5 years and I'm still doing the most petty bullshit tasks because I have no underlings.

Anywho, half of my jaw is still numb from dental work, but I should be good in a couple hours. Guess I'll just head off to work and try to put on a smile. Look the crap out, world - here I come!

No comments: