Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's getting hot in here...

So shut the hell up now!

Our AC at the office is busted, at least the unit that blows over the larger, busier half of the gym. I personally called the mechanic and saw him come out to scope things. He told me our compressor (which is apparently 15 years old or something) is shot, and they won't have it around until next Wednesday. This is awesome... and by "awesome" I mean sucktastic. Not only does it mean I get to sit at my desk in the hot corner of the gym, staring at the rising thermostat in bitterness... BUT I also get to answer the same stupid questions from all the gym members!

"It's kinda warm in here today. Can we turn the AC up a little?"
"Do those ceiling fans over there work?"
"What's wrong with the AC?"
"When will you guys get things fixed for us?"
"Why is it taking so long to fix the AC?"

I had originally posted a note on our dry-erase board that was polite and apologetic, asking for patience while we sorted things out. Now the note has been edited into, "HOT? Broken part is coming next week. -CMR" Doesn't that say it all? It's not our fault, we're no more comfortable than you, it's not like we just haven't noticed, and we're not actively trying to screw you over! I was ecstatic today when one of the patients empathized for us employees, realizing we had to be here 8+ hrs. So I'm not crying for any fitness members that come in for 45 mins, whine half the time, then get to go home. Fuck off.

Here's how bad it is: Mike and I are wearing shorts until this gets fixed. Now if only we could sip pina coladas too...

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

I work in a medium sized doctor's office where there is more than one control for the air and oh the arguements that happen! We are all women up front and then the 3 doctors are male in the back part of the office. It seems like nobody is ever completley happy with the temperature. Reading your post makes me appreciate that we have it. I hope yours got fixed soon. :)