Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Little things

I've been pretty behind on blogging lately, plus Nikki's last post has me trying to focus on some of the good things I've seen lately. For me, it really doesn't take too much, but I'm happy to find those moments of joy regardless. For example, my yogurt this morning... was fantastic. Usually it's just yogurt - y'know, whatever. But today the stars aligned and I tasted the best cup of cherry yogurt I'd ever had. It was still nice and cool, not warmed up from sitting in my backpack during my drive. It had the perfect consistency, nothing messy, chunky, drippy or anything unpleasant - friggin' sweet!

My old Physio-phriend Renee has been back in town, so I'm very happy to get time to hang with her. Monday night had several of us meeting in Fells Point at a cool little tavern called Duda's. Many drinks and laughs were had. Last night she stopped by the office, got the VIP tour, cooed over our boss' nearly 1-yr old son, then the 3 of us (son went home with Mama Schiller) went out for a little dinner. Nothing really fancy - just some good eats, a couple adult beverages and playing catch up.

That reminds me: with Independence Day coming up, everyone asks what my plans are, and it's become really simple. I decided that I only need 3 ingredients: a hot grill, a cold drink and good company. But in addition to holiday fun-ness, this weekend is also where it's at for Leah's 2nd birthday party, so that's gonna be rockin' times! I'm still shocked that it's been 2 years, and she's learned so much become so much fun and such a target of pride. I already know a post-party nap will be in store.

Renee might swing thru town again on Sunday before heading to NY. I still owe her a home-cooked dinner to prove my (non-)practiced kitchen skills, so maybe that'll happen then. That also means I need to clean my place up like crazy. Now.... who do I know... that likes to clean? :P

Later, y'all. Everyone have a safe, healthy and enjoyable holiday weekend. To end with a Simpsons quote, “Celebrate the birth of your country by blowing up a small part of it." Amen!

No comments: